Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover

I'm going to openly admit that I really want to love Colleen Hoover's books. Really want too. I just can never seem to completely get there. The ideas are obviously there, the execution never lives up to what I want. I hate that sense of disappointment that I get at the end of the book. I guess in that respect, I could fully understand Tate. I just keep putting myself in the same situation, hoping that even after repeated signs against it, that this will finally be the moment where my pain and frustration pays off. The plus side for me is that I know that one day I'll get there with Colleen again. One day.

Anyway.

I can't really pinpoint any specific aspect of this book that I didn't care for. The truth of the matter is that I just didn't care. I wish I could say that it was because I already knew the big secret as to why Miles was the way he is, but I am a spoiler whore, I love them. If something is good enough, I should still be affected even after reading a spoiler. Hell, I have books that I have read numerous times and I still feel it like it was the first time every time I read them. Ugly Love didn't give that to me. I never felt anything for Tate or Miles. I also didn't hate them either, just an overall feeling of meh.

So, that is where I am at. Meh. I wish it was different, but alas it wasn't. I know there are people who will love this though.

And as a side note. I think I may be the only person who doesn't find Nike Bateman to be the least bit attractive. Maybe that was part of my problem too. I kept picturing him and it was like a having cold diet pepsi poured all over me. Ick. ( yes, I realize that I stalk Colleen Hoover enough to know her unnatural love of diet pepsi, and I'm in the firm anti-Pepsi group. Gross.)