Shattered Blue - Lauren Bird Horowitz

Holy crap that ending!  I need book 2 to happen right now.

In all honesty, I'm not up for reviewing because I feel the need to read as much as humanly possible between now and Wednesday before I have to drag myself back into textbook world.  This semester is kicking my butt.

So, to keep this short and sweet.

I loved the world building that happened toward the end.  I loved the relationship development between Noa, Callum and Judah, toward the end.  I loved the twist and turns that happened, again toward the end.  Seeing a pattern develop here?  Shattered Blue started off incredibly slow, even for someone who doesn't really mind the slow burners.  There was just enough to keep me going, but nothing that really made me fully commit. Until it did.  Judah entering the scene turned the corner of the story for me, and not because of the whole love triangle thing that I'm sure he was meant to be.  It was more that the characters seemed to be a little superficial until he popped up; adding his story line allowed the other characters to fully break the surface that they were originally lingering just below.  But given the character and storyline development in the last quarter of the book, I'm expecting good things from the last two books of the series. Really good things.