Sins & Needles - Karina Halle 4.5 Stars.

Like everything else written by Karina Halle, Sins and Needles blew my freaking mind. Like unable to function and put forth any kind of effort into reading another book for a while type of explosion.
There is something about the characters in all of Karina's books that are just outstanding, all of them flawed in their own ways, but it is those flaws that makes them so outstanding. Whether you are reading about an asshat of a ghost hunter/cameraman, a rocker who sold his soul to the devil, or two people that are so scarred from their lives that they are willing to destroy another person, you still end up finding something to love about them. But that is enough of rambling on about my serious girl crush.

I'm not even sure what exactly to review about Sins and Needles. It is really one of those books that you just need to read to fully comprehend. I read a few reviews, but that made me not really want to read the book. I'm glad that I caved. Ellie isn't a good person. She conned people for a living. The latest con gone wrong took her back to Cali to try to start over again, as herself this time, and brought her face to face with Camden McQueen. Camden McQueen, tattooed hottie, and former friend that once again Ellie destroyed in her own way when they were younger. Publicly dissing your only friend, who you knew loved you and had a super shitty home life, was a cold ass way to play. So, of course what does Ellie do? She decides to con him once she finds out that he has a successful tattoo shop. I'll admit, once I found all of this out I had to put the book down for a while and regroup before I went any further. I won't go any further into the story from there, because it is just something to have to experience yourself.

"That is what I thought of you, Ellie. Heartless, reckless, selfish, and cruel."
He was back to shooting me when my armor was down. I turned my face away from him, not wanting to let him see the hurt in my eyes. He reached up and put his fingers under my chin, bringing my face forward again, forcing me to look at him.
"Beautiful, sad, wounded, and lost," he continued. "A freak, a work of art, a liar, and a lover."
His gaze was starting to eat away at my insides. Razor-blade butterflies whirled in my heart.
"I hate you, Ellie Watt," he whispered, lips coming closer to mine, "because I still love you after all these years.”

This quote pretty much summed up my feelings of Ellie, Camden and the book itself. It was an amazing ride.

I have read a lot about the cliffhanger ending. I really didn't get the cliffhanger, per say. It wasn't stand alone by any means, but it felt more like it was the culmination of Ellie's side before we move on to Camden's. Either way you view it, I cannot wait until the next one.