Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror) - Karina Halle 3 words for you. Zombie. Leper. Baby. Oh yeah, it's that kind of badassery that you are subjected to in Dead Sky Morning. II'v got a serious love/hate relationship going on with the author at this point. I'm rocking a major girl crush on her for thinking up this series all the while hating her for traumatizing me, lol.

When I first read Darkhouse, it took me a couple of weeks to get through it. It was good, but it just didn't quite get there for me. But it was more than enough that I went on to Red Fox, which was freaky awesomeness in itself, but in now way prepared me for this book. Dead Sky Morning freaked me right the eff out. Did I mention the freaking zombie leper baby already? So yeah, no actual zombies. Just ghosts, I can't say that makes me feel any better about it though. Anyway. What makes EIT great, is that even through the all of the freaky stuff that happens, Dex and Perry are what keeps you reading these books. I love a good scary as hell story as much as the next masochist, but the dynamic between Dex and Perry is EIT. Dex is a giant douchcanoe, but he owns the perviness and makes it awesome somehow. And Perry is... well she is Perry. The two of them together though bring a dynamic that I haven't experienced in another book. I've read the rest of the series so far, but this one is by far my favorite for the sheer fact that I was freaking scared and washed my face with one eye open before bed, just in case. Books 4-6 were just as amazing, and even more so in a lot of ways (especially the Derry front), but this one is what really slammed into me how amazing this series was going to be. And it has not disappointed yet. I need the rest of the books like yesterday, lol.