Rule (Marked Men, #1) - Jay Crownover Luckily I didn't get a chance to read this one until after it was cleaned up some, so the grammar issues weren't that big of a deal for me. I really dug this book. A lot. It definitely had moments for me where my mind strayed to the similarities between Rule and Rock Me (Brian still lands in the top spot for my fav book boyfriend. What can I say, I'm loyal). We had the hot, tatted (and pierced, drool) bad boy with family issues and the clean cut, sheltered good girl with family issues coming together in both stories. Rule, however, went deeper into the family issues between both sets, which offset the similarities enough for it to hold it's own. The family dynamic throughout the book is really what held my interest. Rule and Shaw rocked as a couple, even despite their issues, but the underlying family issues is what carried this book for me. The "twist" was a little (understatement) obvious, but I was still hanging on just waiting to see how it would finally come out and how said family would react towards it. Overall, Rule was a great read and I'm looking forward to seeing more from the group. Hopefully with a badass editor so we can avoid the grammar drama from now on..