Easy - Tammara Webber I really liked Easy. It isn't your typical YA romance.
Jacqueline followed her boyfriend (Kennedy) to college despite wanting to go to a music conservatory, only to end up dumped when Kennedy decided that he needed to sow his wild oats prior to his political career. Jerk. But then she goes on to meet Lucas, the tattooed, pierced, motorcycle riding guy who saved her from being raped. Yep, that is what makes this story atypical. At the heart of it, it isn't just a romance story. It's a book about the challenges, horrors, and emotions that play into something that isn't talked about enough. The romance between Lucas and Jacqueline almost takes a back burner to her dealing with what almost happened. Her ambivalence to reporting the assault or even talk about it, to finally telling a friend, and eventually reporting it. Like so many other romance stories, the relationship between Lucas and Jacqueline doesn't happen right away, it takes her time to come to grips with what happened and Lucas has his own demons to deal with and isn't ready to jump into a relationship either. They both obviously feel something for each, but it takes the time to come to terms with their past before they can finally come together. It's not a super angsty, love triangle, I love you, I hate you romance book. It's more believable, and when Jacqueline and Lucas finally do get together, it makes the the wait worth it. The only real complaint I have is the whole Lucas/Landon thing. It was a bit transparent for me. I figured that from the beginning...