Convicted  - Aleatha Romig

It's over! Thank god. I couldn't stand one more minute of not knowing how things were going to end with Tony and Claire. And thankfully it ended well because I really didn't want to have to pen any epic hate mail today.
Anyway.
Convicted wasn't quite as full of surprises as Truth. Yes, there were a few things that I didn't see coming,

Amber? Really? And I always thought Harry was a douchebag, I'm glad I was proven right on that one

(show spoiler)

but for the most part the rest played out like I thought it would. Claire's progress was the most interesting part of the entire book. I ended up skipping to the epilogue half way through the book because I just couldn't stand the questions anymore. Yeah, I totally cheated, whatever. It was killing me wondering if she was okay.
I do still have some questions. Particularly about Emily..

What was up with her? She really came across as just not wanting Claire to get better. If it wasn't for Meredith would she have ever pulled herself out of it? I don't know that she would have ever believed it if Tony had just came for her after he got out of jail. She would have always thought he was a hallucination.. Emily seemed more preoccupied with keeping her out of it and away from Tony and Nichol than getting her well. Maybe it's just me though.

(show spoiler)

Anyway.
As for the series as a whole, 5+ stars. I hated Consequences, hated it. Truth was really good, as was Convicted. But when you think of the series as a whole, the varying emotions that it brings out (seriously, how many people honestly considered snapping their device in half on occasion?), the twists and turns, the shitty ass people (and redemption of one said shitty ass person), and just the overall complexity of the series as a whole is rarely ever paralleled within this genre.