SPOILER ALERT!

3.5ish stars.

I'm having to use the same rating system with this one that I did with Taking Chances, which I hated with a fiery passion but still rated it as good because I have never hated a book so much.

I won't say that I hated this one, but I definitely can't say that Ioved it either, it was just too heartbreaking for that. However, it will definitely stay with me and because of that it does deserve a higher rating than what I actually want to give it. Fair warning, the rest of this is going to be a littler spoilery.

I am one of those that really loves the whole " love-triangle" story line. The dynamic that it adds is always intriguing to me, seeing one person deal with feelings for two people at the same time. It's very real and when it's done right, it ends up adding something special to the book. However, I do not like when one person involved in the triangle ends up dying. It's hard for me to reconcile my feelings for the remaining couple then. It just opens up too many questions that obviously can't be answered. Saying that, I do like how the author attempted to handle those questions in this book. After reading the epilogue and the novella, After the Rain, I was able to get some semblance of satisfaction with the relationship between Kate and who she ended up with. I won't say that I liked it though, because I ended up falling way more in love the one who died. Would I recommend this book? Yes, without a doubt. Does that mean that I loved the book? No, because I just couldn't. That doesn't meant that it wasn't an incredibly powerful story though. Overall, I think this is just one of those books that is going to depend specifically on your view on how it was handled.