Yesss!

The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1) - Robert Jordan

I finished it!  I feel like I should win some kind of award or something.

According to Wikipedia, this series (14 books) has 11,961 pages and takes a total of 461 hours and 25 minutes to listen to on audiobook.  Or a little over 19 days straight.  It's kind of mind-blowing to think about that. How does 1 (or 2 technically) person create a world that large and intricate?  I'm honestly beyond impressed.  Just reading it, it was all I could do to keep up with what was going on with it, and I'm only on the first book.  The thought of finishing up this series is pretty daunting, to say the least.

All of that said, I loved The Eye of the World after I finally got into it.  I ended up reading most the last couple of chapters through my Psych class.  Who needs to pay attention in class anyway?  I think that reading the rest of the series is going to end up being an incredibly slow process for me though. I can definitely see the need to really focus on the books. And have spreadsheets.

Sometimes going to school really blows, with all of that interfering with my book reading time...