Semblance. Also known as Aria is an idiot.

Semblance (The Midnight Society) - Logan Patricks

Whoever said money couldn't buy happiness has never starved a day in their lives.

My name is Aria Valencia, a third year classical music student at the University, and I was down to my last dollar. Some nights, I seriously considered stripping at the Skin Bar just to make ends meet, but the thought of my dad's spirit--God rest his soul--scowling at me while I shoved my breasts into some pervert's face was enough to turn me off the idea completely.

And then one night, chance came knocking on my door under the guise of the Midnight Society, a secret cabal comprised of the most wealthy and influential souls this side of the Universe. Their leader was a man named Shadow, who was equally enigmatic as he was gorgeous and, for some mystifying reason, had his dark brooding eyes focused on me.

Seduced by the promises of fame and fortune in exchange for a seemingly innocent request, I soon found myself drawn into a provocative world filled with both vast riches and unending lies and it didn't take long for me to realize what being a part of the Midnight Society actually entailed: shiny things, hot sex, and dead bodies.

There's a dark side to every love story, and this one was mine.

Well, that was one seriously fucked up book.  Note for anyone that completely lacks common sense, if you are invited to do ANYTHING that is prefaced by a warning of the punishment of death for violating the sanctity of a secret club, DO NOT DO IT.  It's only going to end badly.  Generally involving a shit ton of murder, death, kill.

In lieu of an actual review, seeing that I can't really say anything without spoiling it, I'll post a semi-brief play by play of my reactions.

"Aria, no you idiot. I don't care how hungry you are, don't take the job."

"Does the phrase Too Good to be True mean anything to you?

"Seriously. Idiot."

"I forgot what it was like to read erotica. I don't know if I love or hate the cheesy descriptions."

"It's the fucking Macarena!" I shouted with excitement. <--Totally appropriate reaction.

"There's one down for the count"

"Another one bites the dust"

"I can't keep up anymore"

"What in the hell?"

"Shit"

"Told you so."

In all honesty, I have no clue if I actually liked this book.  It was just so over the top to the point where it was almost ridiculous.  But a part of me totally dug the craziness though and I guess that wins out for me right now.  I'm looking forward to the next in the series.