Bandwagoneers unite! 10 things about me.

1.  I am extremely restless about where I live.  Since I moved out at 17 (13 years ago), I haven't lived in any house for longer than 1.5 years, up until our current house in which we'll hit 2 years before we move.  And because of this, I have a huge fear of buying a house and have been putting it off for years. Thankfully, the Navy gives me a good excuse to avoid house buying and plays into my need to move all of the time.

2. I can swim better than I can walk. I was a competitive swimmer for most of my childhood, taking a couple of state titles in distance events.  I suck at anything less than 1650 yards though.

3.  I had my oldest son when I was 16. Not something I would recommend, but somehow we've made it work over the years.  Thankfully, I haven't screwed him (or my other 2 kids) up too terribly much.

4.  I married one of my best friends from high school after not seeing each other for 8 years post graduation.  We lived very different lives in school so we danced around each other but never followed through with anything and eventually went our separate ways.  Eight years and a Facebook message later, we went on one date and we knew that we were it for each other.  We are still disgusting our kids and traumatizing friends 8 years later.

5. If you are at a punk or death metal concert and see a chick with a hippie themed back piece and dressed in pink or other similar overly bright colors, it's probably me.   I always seem to stick out sore thumb.

6.  New Orleans is my favorite place in the country.  It's dangerous, dirty, and corrupt but it has such an amazing culture that absolutely I love it.  The food, the music, the locals, the... everything.  It is the only place that I can imagine myself staying.

7.  The Doors are my favorite band ever. I listen to a lot of music and obsess over a lot of bands and genres, but Jim is IT for me.  I'm still holding out on the hope that since no one actually saw his body when he died that he really did just disappear, a la Paul Hudson.  In the same vein,  Pére Lachaise Cemetery is my number one place to visit before I die.

8.  I've ran (and finished) a marathon.  I cried the last 6 miles because I was in so much pain, but I crossed the finish line upright all the while vowing to never do it again.  I changed my mind within a week. =/

9.  I refuse to be old. I know that I'm not in my teens/twenties anymore, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to be middle aged. Ever.  I give no fucks about this either.  I just consider it a permanent mid-life crisis.

10.  I have aspirations to fulfill my role as a crazy cat lady when I grow up by running or helping to run a cat rescue.  I've been associated with a rescue here for a few years and it's been one of the saddest and awesome experiences ever.